3.24.2009

My Little GPS

Hannah may not know her telephone number or address yet, but she can show you exactly how to get to the neighborhood playground ½ a mile from our house. Last Sunday, Hannah and I were outside helping Steve in the front yard. I ran inside for a second to check on the laundry, and when I returned Steve and Hannah were holding hands and walking across the street to the sidewalk. I caught up with them and asked where we were going. Apparently, Hannah had taken Steve by the hand and begun leading him across the street. I assumed she just wanted to go down the sidewalk for a little bit, and we would turn around after a couple of houses. Pretty soon it was apparent that this little girl was on a mission! She followed the sidewalk to the 4-way stop, and when we suggested a turn, she was adamant that we continue her path. We went through the 4-way stop and crossed over the bridge. When she caught sight of the playground, I think her gait picked up a little speed. If I would have known our destination when we began our travels, I would have taken the camera. Since I don’t have a picture from this Spring yet, here’s Hannah about a year ago in her favorite spot on the playground.



No comments: