1.20.2010

Kids Say the Funniest Things

Potty training Hannah has been a much lengthier process than I'd imagined. I guess I thought she would “get it” a little sooner and without much training. Weaning her off the pacifier at six months was a breeze. She’s a good eater and doesn’t refuse most things on her plate. She does well obeying me and Steve. But this potty training is sure taking some work.

She misses no opportunity to tell you she’s a big girl and even knows that “big girls pee pee in potty.” She usually follows me when I use the bathroom, so the other day I decided to use it as a training experience for her. She watched me sit down on the toilet and then asked, “You pee pee on potty?”

I responded, “Yes because I’m a big girl.”

“No, you Den-fer, I big girl.” Apparently, there can be only one big girl at our house.

********************************************************************
While we were having Christmas at my mom’s house Hannah started to get a little cranky about 30 minutes before dinner was ready. I thought maybe she just needed a little snack to tide her over until the meal was ready. I asked her if she wanted something to eat, and she said she needed a cracker. So, I asked, “Do you need an appetizer?”

“No, I need a cracker.”

********************************************************************
While lying in bed with me the other day, Hannah poked me in the chest and said, “What’s that?”

“That’s Mommy’s bosom,” I replied. “Where’s your bosom?”

Hannah pulled out her shirt, looked down at her chest and said, “I got lil' bosoms.”

Aren't two year olds hilarious?


1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

LOL! Oh my goodness, but those are cute stories!