6.24.2010

Are you really 3 years old already?

Happy birthday my sweet girl! I can't believe you are already 3 years old today! It seems like every year just goes by faster and faster. You are such a sweet, beautiful and smart little girl. You love your big baby doll, playing the "letter game" with Mommy & Daddy, swimming at the pool and writing the letter "H" with your crayons. You make me laugh every single day.

You have no idea how much Mommy & Daddy love you. Maybe someday when you have a little girl, you will finally understand our love for you.

I can't believe how much you've "grown up" in the past year. You are so independent and love to do things by yourself. Sometimes it feels like I just blinked my eyes, and suddenly you can do so many more things. I love watching you learn new things, and you are constantly saying sentences that sound so mature.

I'm so thankful you still let me rock you every night. I love the time we spend together in your room after we've read your books, said your prayers and sang your favorite songs ("ABCD," "Itsy Bitsy Spider, " "Rock-a-bye Hannah" and "Jesus Loves Me"). I run my fingers through your soft hair and trace the outline of your face with my fingers. You giggle when my fingers go under your chin and down your sweet neck. I rock you as you close your big brown eyes and start to fall asleep. Then I tiptoe over to your bed and lay you down gently. I kiss your sweet head and whisper, "I love you."

I am so very proud of you, Hannah Claire. Can you make the next year go by a little more slowly? I want to hold you in my lap a little while longer, OK?

I love you with all of my heart,
Mommy







No comments: